In which we explore TV and other Tropes in writing. A Trope can be defined as a cliche, but it can also be a leitmotif (in the musical sense) or standard devices used in serial dramas. We think it works for any writing, playing to the audience’s expectations of the narrative.
Mentions from Episode 104:
The cool site Dave found – TVTropes.org
- The Punisher
- John Wick
- 007 franchise – Don’t shag Bond! It kills women!
- Brie Larson
- Jupiter Ascending
- Death Tropes
- John Dies at the End by David Wong
- Superman, aka the Math for changing the spin of the earth
- Cat Tropes
- The Idiot Ball
- What is Kanly?
- Firefly The Message
- Fandom Trope
- Ocean’s 11:
- Danny : [referring to Rusty] Some people lack vision.
- Rusty : [sarcastically] Probably everybody in cell block E.
- The Smart Ball
- Gay TV Tropes that need to retire
- Queer Tropes
- Geeks and Nerds in popular writing