Trigger Warning: Descriptions of RL violence
Monique started as a journalist, and after covering the news for years developed an interest in writing True Crime novels, especially from the view of the victims and the impact on the affected communities. The disparity of how victims can be treated by the law and wheels of justice as well as in the press inspires her to tell their stories and hope that they can help inspire change. She has written three true crime novels thus far, along with a children’s picture book and a published collection of poetry.
Mentions from Episode 105:
- The RL murder of Stephanie Scott
- The Thin Blue Line (UK, not AU – comedy)
- Jeannie meant to say Blue Heelers
- Truman Capote – In Cold Blood
- Tower Hill Wildlife Reserve