Today we talk to Karen Hicks, something of a polymath in areas of interest and writing. Karen is a screenwriter and journalist, a newsletter chronicler, a biographer, a romance novelist, a short story and ghost writer, a non-fiction writer, and a columnist. She shares with us her methods on research as well as the passion and discovery that writing can inspire.
- Karen’s website
- Karen’s biography is called The Coming Woman
- Victoria Woodhull
- Follow “Victoria Woodhull” on Twitter – @TheWoodhull
- What is the Free Love movement?
Mentions from Episode 126:
- John Leguizamo’s Latin History for Morons
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Lenny Bruce
- Steve Allen
- The Tonight Show (for certain Brits who don’t know it)
- Vulgarians at the Gate
- Thomas Nast – political cartoonist
- Siberia’s Shaman active in politics